Here’s a longstitch binding that I have worked on here and there for the last few days. The book is just under four inches square.
This is how it looked before sewing, all lined up with the holes punched out and with slits on the spine piece. Most of the book is made with heavy watercolor paperthat my friend Julie gave to me.
Sewing is done here. This is where I stalled out for awhile, trying to figure out what to do for the cover.
I decided on covering thin book board with silver Stardream paper that my friend Abbott gave to me. It’s great having friends. After gluing the boards to the spine piece….
…I cut a swirl in an endpaper and glued that down too. Done! I’m thinking of using this as a sketch book: anything would look in it.
Now, time to get back to work getting ready for the classes that I am teaching this week. Then sleep.